Australian Commercial and Corporate Insurance Pty Ltd


Get a Quote

Australian Commercial and Corporate Insurance | Insurance Broker Yarralumla

Australian Commercial and Corporate Insurance is an Authorised Representative of Insurance Advisernet, one of Australasia’s biggest General Adviser in Brokers. Being an Insurance Broker Yarralumla, our knowledge of the local insurance industry is second to none and our experience in handling insurance for many thousands of customers enables us to provide independent advice you can always trust. It also means you’ll benefit from access to unrivalled financial strength, business efficiencies and buying power spanning every major insurer in Australia and New Zealand even access to major overseas insurers if and when required. We specialise in Professional Risks Insurance and Property & Liability Insurance as well as a broad range of insurance products.

As your appointed General Insurance Adviser, we will:

  • Conduct an analysis of your risk/needs and recommend the most appropriate covers to protect your assets and liabilities
  • Recommend the appropriate insurer to match the risk
  • Only recommend financially secure and stable insurers
  • Provide alternatives on your risk retention through various excess options
  • Allow you to pay premiums in monthly instalments
  • Provide prompt and timely servicing of your general insurance needs to ensure you are adequately informed of issues that may affect your business.

Insurance Expertise

Professional Risks Insurance

Professional risk insurance is a type of insurance cover that is particularly crucial for service businesses such as accountants, law professionals or even personal trainers. This insurance protects businesses against any potential claim of negligence, malpractice or misrepresentation that may have resulted from the services provided to a customer. A professional company that have only invested in general liability insurance will not be covered by insurance if a claim has been lodged against them, as this insurance does not cover any claim which involves negligence, malpractice or misrepresentation.
Professional indemnity insurance will protect your assets in any instances that your services cause a client to suffer any type of loss and file a legal claim against you. Public and product liability insurance is a policy which will protect you and your business from any financial risk, if you are found to be liable of a third-party injury, death, loss or property damage. If your profession is in the medical field, medical malpractice insurance will protect you, your business and employees from any claim which was lodged by a patient who claim you have made an error or breach of duty. Management liability which includes crime insurance, directors and officer’s liability and employment practices liability protects the business and management from fraud committed by employees and claims made against management by employees.
Due to the type of services that are offered in the service industry, businesses must protect themselves should any situation of negligence, malpractice or misrepresentation claims arise.

Property & Liability Insurance

Owning a corporate property poses a range of risks to you and your income. In order to best gain protection from these risks, it is important to consider the types of liability insurance policies that will cover your business from any circumstances. The most common covers include public liability, corporate property insurance and property damage insurance.
Public liability insurance provides cover to your property for any third-party injures that occur onsite. Medical and hospital bills are financially compensated as well as legal representation or bills that incur as a result of the third-party injury. Corporate property insurance is specifically suited to medium to large size businesses that are appraised with a total value of $5 million or more, however, it provides the same benefits as public liability insurance. Property damage provides coverage to your property if any physical losses or damages are made from natural causes such as hail or flooding, fires either natural or human error as well as third-party malicious damage.
When purchasing or maintaining a commercial property, your livelihood is exposed to risks that are outside your own control which is why property and liability insurance should be considered for your business.

Insurance Types

Builders' Warranty

A licensed builder will need Builders' Warranty insurance for some, or all of your residential jobs. Builders' Warranty protects your customer if they lose their deposit, you don’t finish the job or if it’s defective, and you die, disappear or become bankrupt. The rules vary from state to state across Australia.

Learn more

Business Insurance

Having adequate general insurance cover is one of the most fundamental parts of being in business, as it provides invaluable protection against a range of risk events – from equipment and assets to legal liability – reducing financial uncertainty and protecting your livelihood and that of your workforce. Insurance companies provide a wide variety of general business insurance policies so it’s essential to get the right one for your needs.

Learn more

Business Interruption Insurance

Business interruption insurance is designed to cover the shortfall in gross profits caused by the interruption to your business after a disaster or another type of insured event that forces you to close your doors for an extended period of time. It effectively returns your business to the same financial position it was in before the event occurred, allowing the quickest possible resumption of normal business.

Learn more

Contract Works Insurance

You need contract works insurance in place before a peg is put into the ground. Many things can go wrong where building works are involved, whether that be at excavation or even completion stage of any project. This insurance is designed specially to provide any physical and related party liability damage as well as loss of building materials, fire and malicious damage.

Learn more

Cyber Insurance

As digital technology has become more and more inseparable from the operations of most businesses, having cyber insurance has become more and more important.

Learn more

Directors & Officers / Management Liability Insurance

If you have a small to medium sized private company, you could be protected by a policy that covers claims from a wide range of management liabilities, such as; directors and officers liability, company reimbursement, company liability and employment practice liability.

Learn more

Home Insurance

If you run your business predominantly from home it’s important to be aware your existing home and contents insurance may not cover your business activities or equipment in the event you need to make a claim

Learn more

Liability Insurance

Despite a business’ best intentions sometimes accidents still happen. Product liability insurance protects against claims of personal injury or third party property damage caused by products that have been manufactured, sold or supplied by your business. In particular it can help to cover the potentially significant costs associated with legal and court costs.

Learn more

Marine & Hull Insurance

Marine insurance is designed to provide peace of mind, whether you have a pleasure craft that requires insurance or if you are moving cargo across water, land or air. Marine transit covers provides point-to-point coverage between your premises and those of your customers.

Learn more

Motor Insurance / Commercial / Heavy Motor Insurance

One of the more common types of business cover, motor/vehicle insurance protects your business fleet against costs arising from theft and accidents. Your policy can be tailored to include a range of commercial vehicles from cars and motorbikes to vans, trucks and even buses and heavy motor vehicles.

Learn more

Plant & Equipment Insurance

If you have mobile plant and equipment, we can arrange to ensure this plant and equipment is properly insured to protect both the equipment but importantly also the liabilities associated with its use. This product is designed to cover everything from the smallest of earthmoving machines through to the largest fixed or mobile cranes – and everything in between.

Learn more

Professional Indemnity

You always endeavour to provide the very best services and advice you can. Regardless, the threat of claims and litigation is very real in 21st Century Australian business and can potentially bankrupt a business. This is why if your business provides any kind of professional services and/or advice you should strongly consider having professional indemnity insurance.

Learn more

Property Insurance

A must if you have one or more business premises, property insurance provides financial protection in the event they are damaged or destroyed in a one-off event.

Learn more

Strata Insurance

Strata Insurance offers you peace of mind by providing liability cover in the event people are injured on common property. Typically it includes cover for lifts, pools, car parks, stairwells, gardens, wiring, balconies, walls, windows, ceilings and floors.

Learn more

Workers' Compensation

Workers' Compensation is compulsory for all Australian employers. It provides protection to workers if they suffer a work-related injury or illness. Any business that employs or hires workers on a full-time, part-time or casual basis, under an oral or written contract of service or apprenticeship, must have workers' compensation insurance that covers their workforce.

Learn more