Harvard Financial Services Australia Pty Ltd


Get a Quote

Harvard Financial Services Australia | Insurance Adviser Dulwich

Harvard Financial Services is an Authorised Representative of Insurance Advisernet, one of Australasia's biggest General Insurance Brokers. Being an Insurance Adviser in Dulwich our knowledge of the local insurance industry is second to none and our experience in handling insurance for many thousands of customers enables us to provide advice you can always trust. It also means you'll benefit from access to unrivalled financial strength, business efficiencies and buying power spanning every major insurer in Australia and New Zealand even access to major overseas insurers if and when required. We specialise in Truck - Tip Truck & Heavy Transport and Earthmoving - Excavating & Earthmoving as well as a broad range of insurance products.

Insurance Expertise

Truck - Tip Truck & Heavy Transport

Tipping trucks are a critical part of an earthmoving company’s ability to do business every day, so losing the truck temporarily to an accident, theft or damages can cause some significant problems for a company and even can go as far as cause financial burdens.
The recommended insurance to protect the business are the following, liability insurance protects you when your tip truck has had an at-fault accident either by your employee or yourself – if you don’t have liability insurance the best thing you could do to protect yourself Is have a cover called basic liability (which is required by law in most states) it can most commonly be arranged as a split limit policy or a combined single limit policy.
Split limit policies will determine the amount paid to both the individual and overall accident liability whereas combined limit policies will only define the maximum payable amount your policy will pay per accident. Liability insurance most commonly covers two areas bodily injury which is an injury that happens directly to the person. If the tip truck is found to be at fault if an accident was to occur and as a result people have been injured the company is legally liable to pay for the medical bills. If you choose the split limit liability on your company's tipping truck, then there are two to three numbers defined on the policy. The first number will state the maximum amount your policy will pay per person who has been injured, the second number will define the maximum total amount your policy will pay per injury caused by the accident and the final number will indicate the maximum your policy will pay for property damage. Medical payment insurance will cover your tipping truck driver / passengers if there is an auto accident, the coverage applies to medical care and related expenses (and the benefits are paid regardless of who is at fault).
With the amount of potential hazards the tipping trucks will face on a day to day basis, Property Damage insurance could be the way of protecting your truck from those damages.

Earthmoving - Excavating & Earthmoving

Earthmoving and excavations can be unpredictable, combined with the heavy machinery and physical nature of the role there are a large range of risks involved. In order to protect your business from these risks as best possible select an earthmoving insurance plan that is tailored to your industry and understands your business needs. The most common insurance options for earthmoving businesses include public liability, professional indemnity insurance, worker’s compensation.
Public liability insurance protects your business should a member of the public sustain an injury on your worksite or as a result of your worksite and its conditions; this insurance option covers any medical or hospital expenses that result from the injury. Whilst professional indemnity insurance is usually reserved for the medical or legal professions, there are instances through which your professional advice can lead to damages or financial losses for a client due to negligence or malpractice. Not only will professional indemnity insurance cover financial losses that result from claims against your business but any legal costs that may arise. Workers compensation is legally required for any business in Australia, this insurance protects your employees if they become ill or injured on the worksite or due to worksite conditions. Not only will medical and hospital costs be covered but it also relinquishes an employee’s right to legal action once worker’s compensation has been agreed upon.
Certain industries can be more risky and dangerous than some, but these risks can be managed through a comprehensive insurance plan that provides your business long-term protection.

Insurance Types

Builders' Warranty

A licensed builder will need Builders' Warranty insurance for some, or all of your residential jobs. Builders' Warranty protects your customer if they lose their deposit, you don’t finish the job or if it’s defective, and you die, disappear or become bankrupt. The rules vary from state to state across Australia.

Learn more

Business Insurance

Having adequate general insurance cover is one of the most fundamental parts of being in business, as it provides invaluable protection against a range of risk events – from equipment and assets to legal liability – reducing financial uncertainty and protecting your livelihood and that of your workforce. Insurance companies provide a wide variety of general business insurance policies so it’s essential to get the right one for your needs.

Learn more

Business Interruption Insurance

Business interruption insurance is designed to cover the shortfall in gross profits caused by the interruption to your business after a disaster or another type of insured event that forces you to close your doors for an extended period of time. It effectively returns your business to the same financial position it was in before the event occurred, allowing the quickest possible resumption of normal business.

Learn more

Contract Works Insurance

You need contract works insurance in place before a peg is put into the ground. Many things can go wrong where building works are involved, whether that be at excavation or even completion stage of any project. This insurance is designed specially to provide any physical and related party liability damage as well as loss of building materials, fire and malicious damage.

Learn more

Cyber Insurance

As digital technology has become more and more inseparable from the operations of most businesses, having cyber insurance has become more and more important.

Learn more

Directors & Officers / Management Liability Insurance

If you have a small to medium sized private company, you could be protected by a policy that covers claims from a wide range of management liabilities, such as; directors and officers liability, company reimbursement, company liability and employment practice liability.

Learn more

Home Insurance

If you run your business predominantly from home it’s important to be aware your existing home and contents insurance may not cover your business activities or equipment in the event you need to make a claim

Learn more

Liability Insurance

Despite a business’ best intentions sometimes accidents still happen. Product liability insurance protects against claims of personal injury or third party property damage caused by products that have been manufactured, sold or supplied by your business. In particular it can help to cover the potentially significant costs associated with legal and court costs.

Learn more

Marine & Hull Insurance

Marine insurance is designed to provide peace of mind, whether you have a pleasure craft that requires insurance or if you are moving cargo across water, land or air. Marine transit covers provides point-to-point coverage between your premises and those of your customers.

Learn more

Motor Insurance / Commercial / Heavy Motor Insurance

One of the more common types of business cover, motor/vehicle insurance protects your business fleet against costs arising from theft and accidents. Your policy can be tailored to include a range of commercial vehicles from cars and motorbikes to vans, trucks and even buses and heavy motor vehicles.

Learn more

Plant & Equipment Insurance

If you have mobile plant and equipment, we can arrange to ensure this plant and equipment is properly insured to protect both the equipment but importantly also the liabilities associated with its use. This product is designed to cover everything from the smallest of earthmoving machines through to the largest fixed or mobile cranes – and everything in between.

Learn more

Professional Indemnity

You always endeavour to provide the very best services and advice you can. Regardless, the threat of claims and litigation is very real in 21st Century Australian business and can potentially bankrupt a business. This is why if your business provides any kind of professional services and/or advice you should strongly consider having professional indemnity insurance.

Learn more

Property Insurance

A must if you have one or more business premises, property insurance provides financial protection in the event they are damaged or destroyed in a one-off event.

Learn more

Strata Insurance

Strata Insurance offers you peace of mind by providing liability cover in the event people are injured on common property. Typically it includes cover for lifts, pools, car parks, stairwells, gardens, wiring, balconies, walls, windows, ceilings and floors.

Learn more

Workers' Compensation

Workers' Compensation is compulsory for all Australian employers. It provides protection to workers if they suffer a work-related injury or illness. Any business that employs or hires workers on a full-time, part-time or casual basis, under an oral or written contract of service or apprenticeship, must have workers' compensation insurance that covers their workforce.

Learn more